How it Works
Dance Reality uses your smartphone or tablet's latest augmented reality technology to place footprints onto the floor in front of you. You look through your phone to step on the footprints, then you follow the animation to practice common dance patterns. The app is not intended to be a substitute for in-person dance instruction, but it will get you started, and help you practice steps and rhythm anywhere, anytime. Practice makes perfect!
• Animated footprints help you step in the right spot at the right time
• Control the speed to learn at your own pace
• Counting voice-over helps you stay on the beat
• Music for each style so you can practice to the beat
• Choose between Follow and Lead steps
• Solo and Couple practice
• A variety of dance styles to choose from (salsa, bachata, waltz, hip-hop...)
• Instructional videos from professional dancers
• Virtual instructors appear directly in your environment (for some classes)
• Adaptive learning automatically adjusts the difficulty based on your feedback (for some classes)
Our founders are two salsa dancers in Seattle who also happen to be app developers. While Bee has been dancing since she was four, Andy only started as an adult. He found it very difficult to learn and it took months before he could ask someone to dance.
So we built the world's first augmented reality app that helps you learn to dance, and we keep improving it as AR, VR, and AI improve. We believe that with technology we can bring the joy of dance to millions of people worldwide.
Hands-free AR/VR Private Beta
If you like to try new things, we have many!
If you have an AR or VR headset, sign up below to request an invitation to our Beta Progam.